Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Goodbye, Hello.

Dear dear friends:

On Thursday December 15 I flew home, to the USA.  I was paying close attention to the US Embassy warnings about restricted travel in and out of Congo.  I would not be able to return on the 18th as I planned.  It was unclear when I could return. 

So I came home.  Last Saturday I received a message from the US Embassy in Uganda, warning of terrorist threat against the US EMbassy and US citizens.  I made the right decision. 

This has been very sudden and surprising for me.  I do not plan to return to Congo for a while, if at all. I have started to look for a place to live and for priestly work in CT or NY.  Adjusting to "home" seems to be taking a long time. 

Please continue to pray for the Congolese, for the Archbishop Isingoma Henri and his family.  Please keep me in your prayers, as I know you have done for a very long time. 

Advent peace and Christmas blessings,
Pam

1 comment:

  1. Hi Pam
    Sorry to hear you are no longer in D.R.Congo. It would have been great if you could have made it down to visit us in Lubumbashi... do let us know if you make it back, you are very welcome at Kimbilio (www.kimbiliocongo.org)!
    Ian

    ReplyDelete